Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pet Projects

I used to paint a lot. I mean A LOT. The amount of canvas I bought alone probably put some crafts store shareholders kids through college. I was never great at it, but man I used to love to paint. 

I say used to because somewhere along the line I just....stopped. 

I don't know if it was the busyness of life or lack of inspiration but somewhere along the line I just stopped painting. Anytime I thought about going back I just couldn't get started. I really hadn't given it much thought. I guess life just gets in the way and I assumed that was just the natural order of things. But that changed when I was fumbling through some old unpacked boxes from the move and I discovered the art case my grandmother had left me. 




This perfect old wooden case of acrylics and oil paints and well loved brushes. Along with the big gorgeous standing easle collecting dust in the basement just waiting for me, I suddenly felt the pull of the paint. I felt this overwhelming urge to splatter some paint onto some canvas.

But where to start? Somewhere small for sure.

I got the idea for this from The Giacobbe Diaries while searching for canvas crafts on Pinterest. I did mine a little differently, using printed out stencils and paint instead of wrapping the canvas. 



A very messy start but a start all the same. It felt so good to walk away with paint under my fingernails again. I can't believe it has been so long but I just know it won't be that long until the next time.

-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment