Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cracked Pepper Cheddar Bacon Biscuits

Yesterday Hubby and I spent the day shopping in Annapolis. We went to the Amish market and perused all of their Easter chocolates and candies. Then we headed to a nearby shopping center and picked up a few books for myself and some video games for Hubs. Finally we ended up at our favorite organic grocery store for some goodies. While we were picking out what to make for the week we ran across these frozen biscuits that sounded amazing. They were peppered bacon biscuits with cheddar and they looked to die for. But at $30 for a box of eight there was no way I was going to get them. A simple peek at the ingredients though, and I was pretty sure I could make them at home. Hence, these babies came about:



Cracked Pepper Cheddar Bacon Biscuits

You will Need:

2 1/4 Cup Bisquick Mix
2/3 Cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar
3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
1 TB coarsely ground black pepper
1 TB butter (optional)

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the buttermilk into the Bisquick mix. Once combined, stir in the cream cheese and the pepper. Add the cooked bacon and shredded cheddar, stir until well combined (I used my hands to incorporate these, so don't be afraid to get your hands dirty.)   

Divide the dough into eight equal pieces and place on a well greased baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes until lightly browned on top. If serving by themselves, brush with melted butter. 



These biscuits are so so good! They are fluffy and moist and full of ooey gooey cheese with crispy salty bacon. The pepper gives it the perfect punch of spice and they turned out way better than I expected. They were quick, easy, and at a fraction of the price of the store bought biscuits, these were a real treat.



We ended up having ours as breakfast and topped them with red eye gravy but they were perfect by themselves as well.


I will definitely be making these again soon, and I hope you give it a try. Let me know what you think! 

-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment