Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Left My Heart In....

Just another quick craft update from over the weekend.

A few months back while cruising for crafts I thought I had seen someone make a map of all of the important places in their relationship. Kind of like a map of all if the places they had left their heart. Having moved around a lot in my life and in my relationship with a military man, I could definitely relate. I loved that idea and decided I had to give it a try.






Luckily, I had the perfect sized frame lying around the house waiting to be filled. I wanted a bit more of a rustic look so I sanded down the all black frame to give it some wear and tear. Then I painted it white, wiping the paint with a paper towel as I went, to give it a more rustic look.



I know that a lot of people have used old or vintage maps for their projects, however I wanted to try this out ASAP so Google Maps was my go to. I strongly suggest a stencil for your hearts but since I was in a hurry and this was a quick trial craft so I free handed mine.... Which, as you can see by the pictures, was probably not the best idea.



I cut some black construction paper I had leftover from Halloween to serve as my background but feel free to be as fancy as you want.




The hardest part for me was narrowing down the places. We have literally lived all over the place and there were so many I have loved or have fond memories of. I finally decided on: the places we are from, where we met, our first kiss, our first apartment, and finally where we were married.




It ended up being a really cute little craft and a sweet way to display our story. Even hubby gave it his stamp of approval. Plus if we ever need to expand (for future baby Bright's) I can always add more.



Happy crafting!

-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment