Sunday, January 20, 2013

Finally Back in Action and Some Art to boot!

Wow that was a long break....

Seriously though I had no intention of being away for so long. But life (as it often does) kinda got in the way of my plans there and I just haven't had any time to sit down and write. There has been a TON going on.

Hubby and I spent most of last year trying out, preparing, and planning for him joining the fire academy. I would like to proudly say, after all of his many months of blood, sweat, and tears (mainly mine)....he got in! I cannot express how happy and how proud I am of him. I also cannot express how busy we have been with it. I thought once the academy started everything would slow down.

HA.



Once again, life has a way of interrupting all of my perfectly laid plans. Not only did things not slow down, they have gotten busier. Uniform pressings each day, shoe shining, helping hubby study for tests, daily runs, packing lunches, filling out forms (ENDLESS forms), getting ready for gear inspections, and not to mention waking up at 4:30 every morning to prepare for it all on top of working every day.  WHEW I am lucky if I make it long enough to take a shower each night let alone take photos or blog.

BUT, I think I am finally getting back into the swing of things. Which means I have finally figured out how to fit in some much needed craft and blog time.

So without further ado: Scrapbook Art!


 This was a super fun, super easy craft that took me an afternoon and helped use up all of those extra supplies I had laying around. It also helped cover up a blank spot on my hallway wall, so it was a win win. 


I cannot take credit for the idea, that comes from Jessica over at Jessica's Musings, which I stumbled onto thanks to pinterest.  (Which by the way you can follow me on: HERE.) Since Jessica already has such a detailed tutorial (and since I was too lazy to take step by step photos) I will not bore you with the details. 


This was a nice way to ease back into crafting again though. It also was a gorgeous addition to our bare walls. Even hubby liked it, which trust me, is saying a lot.

I can't wait to get some more crafts under my belt and I certainly can't wait to share them with all of you!

-Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment