Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Adam's Bright Ideas Entry 1: Shrinking my mass & Mass Effect

A few weeks ago I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realized I was no longer the fantastic man mountain of my youth. Sure I had seen hints of it here and there over the last several months, but this was the first time I looked at my body and thought to myself “Wow Adam you’ve really let yourself go.”   

 

Luckily not too long after this I was reading through a magazine and saw an ad for a program called “Insanity”, and thought “what the hell I’ll look into it”. So after doing my research and reading a ton of reviews on it, I decided I’ll give it a try. Besides, all I had to lose was my gut (which wouldn’t be a bad thing.) I told Bee about it and she said she would like to join me in the program. Thus began our two month journey

Insanity goes for a little over 60 days and has you working out 6 days a week. We’ve actually come to enjoy the frequency of the workouts as it doesn’t give us the chance to start being lazy. It involves nothing but high level cardio and body weight exercises, which was great for us since I hate going to packed gyms waiting to use the equipment. I want to get in, get my work out over with, and go home. So far the program has been great. There is a ton of variety in the workouts and I’m always dead tired after we finish one but completely satisfied with myself.  I’m also happy with the results I’m seeing so far. My muscles are tighter and look more toned (especially my legs which are getting ridiculous granted nowhere near the levels of Bee’s), even my gut is starting to fade away. As far as weight loss is concerned I’ve lost about 8lbs so far and I’m sure that number would be much higher had I not been sabotaging myself with junk food. Luckily the wifey has taken charge on that front and has laid out an awesome meal plan for us.

As of today we are in the middle of week 3, and I look forward to working through the rest of the program. It has been a daily ass kicking so far, but one that I love receiving.

On a completely unrelated side note, I cannot wait for Mass Effect 3 to come out next week. I have been gearing up for its release by replaying the first two games and reading all of the novels. This has been an incredibly fun and immersive experience, and one that I would highly recommend to anyone else who enjoys the series or just good games/fiction.  Now if only I can get Bee to give it a shot…..  

-Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment